Monday, November 9, 2009

Monday 09.11.2009


Monday has been defined by some strong anxiety about going to South America for the year and me finally getting on with a tattoo I had designed by NZ born cartoonist Roger Langridge many years ago. This event has really brought me close to the reason why you travel. I had a great experience being worked on by Paul at Dermagraphics. The finality of leaving the country spurred me on to get this tattoo after much procrastination and as a result I have got a great piece but also had a blast getting it. Paul and I yak'd for a good part of the process. Connecting with someone you have never met before while doing something you have always wanted to do was really inspiring. Plus, he appeared invigorated by the uniqueness of the subject matter and Langridges design. The icing on the cake with this tattoo will be sending Langridge a picture of it, something I assured him I would do all those years ago. There has been a vitalizing energy about today and I ended it in an emotional state that was contradistinct to the one I started in. From a feeling of overwhelm to – to be blunt – an inspired state where new relationships have already been formed and I have not even left the country. Basically, fucking cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment