Saturday, May 22, 2010

Dear Diary 1.1 (a couple of days in La Paz)

Our first day, Friday, ended with me accepting my place in La Paz. I ate a curry at Indian Star claiming to be world-class-hot and got a appropriately shameful t-shirt that said as much.

Later Hester and I went to Oliver´s Travel´s for a quiet. Oliver´s Travel´s is well known to visitors for it´s "humour" and candid dislike of Israelis. The bartender told me that the owner "Olly" also wants to put an Israeli flag on the front door with the words "FREE PALESTINE" underneath it and another sign for Easter which says "We cannot open right now because on this day the Jews murdered Jesus".

Earlier in the night our mate Clea got to La Paz with no problems. We are now set for a big Saturday. And perhaps a quiet Sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment