Saturday, May 22, 2010

Dear Diary 2.0 (a couple of days in La Paz)

I woke up early after going to bed late, ate a piece of bread, drank coffee and read my book in the cold and dim breakfast bar. Went and sorted some stuff for next week and took a whole bunch of photos of stencils around La Paz. Generally speaking everyone (Sarah, Hester and Clea) is feeling average. They all stay in.


When I finally get back from the excursion and we headed to the very compact but edutaining Coca Museo. "Feeling tired? Drink Coke!" slogan in the exhibition made me realize how we have come full circle with energy drinks. There must be something about modernity and wanting to "feel right" all the time without having to worry so much about food and rest. The pigeons in the courtyard of the museum drove me crazy with their constant fluttering but the sun streaming down through the tree above and the canopy of birds was some sight.


Everyone crashed afterward so I headed to Oliver´s Travels to watch Bayern Munich and Internazionale. It was full and the thought of standing-room-only for ninety minutes (alone) made me feel like a tool so I headed elsewhere and paid eighteen Bolivianos for Personal size Huari! The game is good and Milito´s goals are classy. In the end Internazionale were far to dynamic on attack and solid in defence but for my money Bayern play a nicer style of football.

When I got back and everyone is still in bed so I started thinking about another beer for the late afternoon. No one suggests buying Coke to get beyond the altitude induced lethargy.

No comments:

Post a Comment